BIO PRINTED IN PACIFIC EDGE MAGAZINE 2006:
Most DJs you might ask, "What cities have you DJed in?" With DJ G-Spot, it's more of a question of "What Country!" Since you asked... countries include, Japan, Australia, Thailand, England, Ireland, Canada, Brazil, Mexico just to name a few.
DJ G-Spot, ("G" as he is called by most, short for Greg. And the latter part of his name "Spot", is an actual childhood nickname) is arguably one of Hawaii's busiest & most favored DJ, being named "Best DJ in Honolulu" by the readers of Honolulu Weekly in 1998. Europe's MIXER MAGAZINE recommends its readers traveling to Hawaii to catch G-Spot spinning. G was also a key character on a 1 hour BBC Television special that featured then #1 DJ in the world, Carl Cox who brought in the 2000 Millennium New Years in both Australia & Hawaii.
Currently G-Spot is a DJ and promotions director for Honolulu Streetwear. He also holds high profile sponsorships with Coors Light, Red Bull & Larceny. He also runs several weeklies and large annual events under his promotion banner, Double-O-Spot. G-Spot is also heavily involved in radio including being a producer, host & mix show DJ for 93.1FM, 102.7FM & 93.9FM. Lastly, still going strong for close to 10 years now is his patented 'Underground Sounds' Radio show that airs every Friday 6-9pm on KTUH 90.3FM.
"There was a point where I was DJing 3-4 gigs in one night" G reflects with a sense of wonderment. An all too typical day for G would include him running through endless meetings with sponsors, venues, managers & promoters, shooting over to the radio station at 6pm to host his radio show, then off to his first club gig of the night at The W hotel at 10pm, then off to another gig 'til 3am and finally to an after hours joint to rock the house 'til the sun comes up.
Here are some of the stories written about G-Spot: Honolulu Weekly: Hit The G-SPOT 7-25-2007
Honolulu Advertiser: G-Spot on Love Fest 2007
In the Mix - Honolulu Star Bulletin
Honolulu Star Bulletin "G-Spot Climbs to the TOP" OCT 10, 2006.
Midweek Cover Story: G-SPOT turning_turntables_into_instruments
Honolulu Advertiser: G-Spot's Foam Parties
Honolulu Star Bulletin: G-Spot on Love Fest
Honolulu Weekly: G-Spots Goodwill towards Charity
DJs Against AIDS
G-SPOT on MySpace
G-Spot Documentary in 2000 After Millenium
- Winner of 'Godfather of House's' 25th Anniversary Outstanding Achievement Award for Electronic Music Award. 2009
- Promotion Director KTUH FM Radio Honolulu 1996-Current
- Promoter Director of Hype Hawaii Magazine 2002-2005.
- Promotion Director - Fashion 45 Nightclub, 2004-2005
- Independent Promoter for Wave Waikiki 1996-2006.
- Independent Promoter for "1739" [Nightclub 1739 Kalakaua Ave.] 1996-2006.
- "DJ of the Year Award" 1997. Honolulu Weekly.
- Promoter of "Djs Against Aids" Annual benefit since 1995
- Promoter "Chinatown Getdown.com" since 2006-Present.
- Promoted the 2 Largest New Years Eve Events in Hawaii's History: NYE 2010 Aloha Tower (8000+) and Millenium 1999 (20,000+) Ref: Honolulu Advertiser.
- Supporter of Honolulu Academy of the Arts (Art After Dark, Starlight Ball, Annual food Music benefit)
- Promoter of "The Love Festival" Hawaii's Largest Annual Dance Music Event since 1997. Average Attnedance 9000.
- Promoter of Numerous Reggae Festivals @ Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park (Wet N Wild). Minimum Attendance 5000.
- Promoter of Miami Earth Day Event. 1993 and 1994.
- Promoter and Entertainment Editor of Hawaii Military Magazine. 2004-Present.
- Promoter of Earth Alert Annual Benefit 1992-1995.
- Promoter of "Get Fresh Fridays" @ Indigo (7+years) 2002-2009, won award and multiple acclaims from Honolulu Weekly.
- Promoter of "Perpertual Groove" Thursdays @ Venue Nightclub (4+ years), 1999-2003
- Promoter of "Feng Shui" Saturdays @ Hyatt Regency. (3 years), 2002-2005. Won award from Honolulu Weekly "Best Promotion" and acclaim from Honolulu Magazine.
- British Broadcasting Company did a documentary/reality on 2 Millenium Festival Promoters and "G" was one of them. 1999-2000 "Race Against Time"
- Promoter of the State of Hawaii Official Millenium Party 1998-2000, endorsed by Gov. Ben Cayetano.
- Promoter of "Club Solo" Grand Opening DEC 21-23 1996: Chicago.
- Print Media that have Covered "G" as a Promoter and/or DJ:
- Honolulu Weekly, Honolulu Star Bulletin, Honolulu Advertiser, Honolulu Star Advertiser, Maui Times, Billboard (International), Billboard (USA), Odyssey Magazine, Island Life Magazine, Hawaii Military Magazine, Sweater Magazine (National), Pocket Magazine (National), XLR8R (National), Insider Magazine (National), Millenium Magazine (National), Ka Leo of Hawaii (University Newspaper), HPU Newspaper, Bean Magazine (Midwest Region), Digital Artifact Magazine (National), 1000 Words Magazine (National), Mixer Magazine (International), Music Magazine (UK), Lotus Magazine (National), Collage Music Journal CMJ (International), TGIF, Weekender, Hype Hawaii, Pacific Edge Magazine, Smart Magazine, Midweek, 808 Scene Zine, Overground Lifestyle Magazine (Maui), Electronic Dance Music Magazine (2011) + More.
University of Miami
Vice President of UM's Student Environment Society "Earth Alert" for 2 Years
President of UM's Chapter of "Florida Water Environmental Society" 3 years
University of Hawaii
President of Student Chapter at UH of "Hawaii's Transportation Engineers" 2 Years. Secretary 1 Year.
Director of KTUH90.3FM UH's Radio Station. 8+ Years
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- G-Spot Video Interview at KTUH with Local Entertainment Magazine Hawaii
View larger size...
- Video Bio on G-Spot
- Double-O-Spot (G-Spot) - The DJ
He hosts and DJs for 2 separate radio mix shows for well over 10 years in Hawaii. His passion for music lies in the groovy basslines and soaring vocals of New York and Chicago House Music and the English progressive sound.
- Party Calendar
Your source for all the hottest events - Nightlife, clubs, raves, after-hours, festivals & concerts.
- Purchase / Buy Discount Tickets Online
- News & Press
Check out the OOSpot latest & greatest & PRESS clipping since 1995!
- Photo & Video Gallery
See party people having fun in our photo and video galleries.
- About Double-O-Spot
Learn more about Double-O-Spot.
- Feature Sponsors More...
- OOSpot VIP Guest List & Discounts
Get in for FREE and avoid standing in line. Click here